As we begin each week, a lot of people wonder how it will end. Some people dread waking up; others dread entering into a new week because of the fear of failure. To make your day and week outstanding, why not ponder on these nuggets?
1. Prioritise your assignments, even if the whole world rest on your shoulders; take it one by one: Scale of preference produces order. Order brings peace. Peace is a great achiever. The world is full of responsibilities. Every responsibility appears very important, even if some of them actually aren’t. As a man wakes up in the morning, he’s inundated with too many tasks and deadlines. Some of these deadlines can make you dead if you don’t know how to prioritise. Prioritisation arranges your responsibilities in order of importance, so that you can work on assignments that matter most, before heading for those that matter least. Prioritisation will take burdens off your shoulders; live a life of priorities. In family, business, profession, academics, and your calling, live a life of priorities.
2. You don’t need to do a big thing to prove your worth. Your value is written in your small fruit: Everyone cannot be big; we all have our various sizes. Everyone cannot do big things; we all have our various abilities. Your determination to use your small ability 100% is what gives you maximum reward. Your willingness to use every gift, strength, and might within you, to pursue your purpose of creation is what makes life reward you differently. Your seed may be small, but the value it yields when planted on a good soil and properly cultivated is unbelievable. You don’t need to do a big thing to prove your worth. Your value is written in your small fruit.
To be big, begin with what you have. To be big, begin from where you are. Fruitfulness begins with a seed. The reward of a seed, when invested multiplies. The reward of multiplication, when invested fills the earth. Whatever fills the earth subdues it; whatever subdues it, dominates it. Your value is written in your small fruit.
3. Don’t be in a hurry to display the edifice; make sure the foundation is deep: There are beautiful buildings whose foundations are shallow. When there is storm, easily, they collapse. Impatient builders don’t dig deep foundations before erecting the building. The foundation holds the building. Whatever holds the building makes the building. If time and other essential resources are not put into a foundation, the building will come down. Don’t be in a hurry to display the edifice; make sure the foundation is deep.
To build a vision, you must spend time laying a solid foundation. A solid foundation is a deep foundation; a deep foundation is a strong foundation. A vision with a strong and deep foundation is an eternal vision. An eternal vision is founded on posterity. A vision of posterity goes from generation to generation. So, as you build the vision, spend time to lay a solid and deep foundation.
4. If you can think through, you can scale through: Meditation is the key to success. Pondering is meditation. If you can think through, you can scale through. If you can think through, you can come up with strategies that will break barriers and move mountains. Quality decisions are made by those who ponder over ideas before executing the plans. Plans that are pondered upon hardly fail. Plans that are meditated upon hardly miss their targets. Wonderful ideas are products of deep thoughts. Creative ideas are products of deep incubation. When you ponder, you will speak wonders. When you incubate, you will create. Learn to ponder. Learn to think. Learn to incubate. Learn to meditate.
5. You can’t grow without encounters. If you remain in the shell, you will keep living theoretically: There is time to be in the shell; there is also time to step out of the shell. A seed that wants to be fruitful must, burst out of the shell when in the soil; otherwise, it will remain lonely. To increase, expand, or multiply, you must get out of the shell. In the shell, lessons are learnt. Outside the shell, lessons that have been learnt are utilised. It is the utilisation of learned lessons that makes way for you. The world needs to hear what you heard while in the dark. If you remain in the shell, you will be irrelevant to your generation.
Outside the shell, you will encounter pressure, but the pressure is meant to take you to the place of pleasure. So, don’t be bothered by the measures. In spite of the pressure outside, you must understand that you can’t grow without encounters. If you remain in the shell, you will keep living theoretically. People in shells know too many things that they’ve never put into practice. If you don’t use it, you can’t perfect it. Step out of the shell.
6. If you don’t know how to withdraw, you will be overdrawn; depending on overdraft makes you a debtor: You can’t always be on stage; otherwise, there will be no time for rehearsals. If you continuously sing, you will lose your voice. There is time to withdraw, and time to be up. If you don’t know how to withdraw, you will be overdrawn. When you’re overdrawn, you’re overused. Being overdrawn makes you a debtor because you will depend on overdraft.
Every man must realise when his energy is going down. Every man must realise when he has crossed his limit. If you don’t pull out when the ovation is high, you will get mocked when your strength is gone. In leadership, you must realise when you should temporarily take a break so that you can recharge. Understand that if you don’t continuously develop yourself, in order to become better, you will end up becoming obsolete. Sometimes, withdraw to get acquainted with the updates so that you can maintain your relevance. If you don’t know how to withdraw, you will be overdrawn. Depending on overdraft makes you a debtor.
7. The word in you is the world around you; environments are interpretations of inner symbols: Your level of information is your level of reformation. It is information that shapes your environment. Wherever you are today was shaped and determined by the thoughts of your heart. Wherever you will be tomorrow will also be shaped and determined by your thoughts. Your words form your thoughts; your thoughts form your world. The word in you is the world around you. Environments are interpretations of inner symbols. The prints in your heart are the words in your heart. Your prints determine your outcome. Mind what you say within; mind your words.